Well, I haven't managed to get to blogging for a couple of weeks now it seems. One thing or another seems to have stopped me. I had been feeling great. This big burst of energy that was allowing me to function again almost like normal! However, the tiredness began to increase again about two-three weeks ago. Coincedentally I also felt like my belly had suddenly undergone some rapid expansion.
I saw Rhondda (our midwife) yesterday. My last visit was 5wks ago. Up until that visit I was measuring bang on for my weeks. Yesterday she measured my belly and announced that I was measuring 28wks. So if Coco has had a big growth spurt I guess that accounts for the tiredness and my HUGE appeptite at the moment!
- The structures of the spine begin to form -- joints, ligaments and rings. These will protect the all important spinal cord which serves as the information transmitter for your child's body.
- Blood vessels of the lungs develop.
- Your baby's nostrils begin to open. There is a study out of Belfast that suggests babies at this stage have the capability of scent preferences!
- The nerves around the mouth and lip area are showing more sensitivity now. When baby is rooting for food later on, these will be valuable!
- His swallowing reflexes are developing.
- Dexterity is improving. Your baby can make a fist and would clasp objects placed in palm.
- Your child has now obtained an approximate length of 13.6 inches (34.6cm) and weighs 1.46 pound (660gm).