Pages

Monday, August 13, 2007

counting down

As of today, I am 36wks and 3 days pregnant. My belly is far bigger than what it ever was with either Isabella or Hannah - in fact someone said to me questioningly on Saturday just been "Twins?" - I replied, "No." He then said, "A boy then?" I replied, "maybe?". Of course if you remember back to a post at the beginning of this pregnancy you may remember that I had a dream I was carrying twins (and also a dream that it was a boy). I actually asked Rhonda our midwife at our appointment last week whether she was sure there weren't two in there. She was fairly certain there's just one - although she did comment that there isn't much room left in there (my belly), that she could see me coming 2wks early (who can really predict these things though), and that she thinks this baby will be a biggy (in the 9 - 10lb range). I say thats okay - as long as it doesn't have a big head!

Since thurday both me and reuben think that I have dropped (that is Coco has snuggled right down into my pelvis). I'm not choking to breathe so much when I sit down now, I certainly need to pee all the time, and I feel like I have a watermelon between my legs! Saturday night also heralded my first what you could call false labour - regular contractions that amounted to nothing after 90mins.

I have been meaning to pack my bags for my "hotel" birthcare experience for the last 4 days. Reuben got out the suitcase from under the bed tonight, and Coco's clothes are out and I have at least written a list of what to take. It all feels a bit foreign having to pack a bag to give birth given the girls were both born at home. However, if the labour is a fast one this time, Rhonda will come to us at home. Next visit is on Thurday where will do the "birthplan" yay!

Anyway, this was only intended as a quick update so i will now say goodnight and head off to brush my teeth - hopefully I will beat my husband to bed!

x

2 comments:

Alex de Freitas said...

exciting! it all happens so fast. one minute it's "vania is pregnant" and then the next you have a watermelon between your legs :-)

Vania said...

LOL!!!