Pages

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Birthday reflections


I am fast approaching a significant birthday. This Saturday I will be thirty. 3 decades old. I don't feel old. In some ways I feel like I am really just getting started... in other ways I feel haggered! As I pause to reflect...
  • I have been married for seven years, nine months and four days
  • I am still in love with my husband
  • I have two beautiful little girls who are my world
  • I, with my husband recently proud homeowners
  • I appreciate and love my family more than ever
  • Although I have now lost both my much loved maternal gandparents, I still have both my dear paternal grandparents
  • I have some awesome friends around me who I absolutely love - I will tell you personally
  • I have my first grey hairs amongst my head full of medium blond (I think I can track their arrival within the last year)
  • My tummy has the stretch marks to show for carrying two babies
  • Gravity and breastfeeding has taken its toll - I used to avoid the push up bras - didn't need them, now I say "bring it on!" (of course that's once I am rid of the maternity bras!)
  • I need lots of moisturiser in the eye area to ease away the lines
  • according to recent blood tests, my GP says I am one of his healthiest patients with a very respectable cholesterol reading (if you want to know, you will have to ask)
  • making spontaneous plans to go out and have fun (read adult fun minus kids like shopping, movies, eating out etc...) seems like a lifetime ago
  • DVD's are my version of a night out at the movies. The last time we did get to the movies was a 9pm session of "You, me and Dupree" although we only saw half of it as the sitter rang to tell us Hannah wouldn't stop crying, so we had to drive home
  • I still reminise about the old days back at Auckland Uni, friends who I no longer know and wish I did, and others whom I am happy to have let go
  • I still love taking hot baths at night
  • I still love having my feet rubbed
  • I still love summer and going to the beach
  • I still love sleep ins (a much anticipated treat)
  • I still love MnM's
  • I am learning more and more about how much God loves me and what "Grace" really means
  • I am learning more and more about how to love God and others
So I will now head to bed to enjoy a well earned rest. Three sleeps to go!

No comments: