Pages

Monday, September 04, 2006

Does it exist?

I led worship at cession tonight. Anyway, pre-service I was trying to find a passage in the bible that talks about God inhabiting or dwelling the praises of his people. I asked a few people who have have good knowledge of the bible and they couldn't remember. I rang my dad and asked him to look for it.. he searched the net to find the reference for me and he couldn't find it. I searched my NIV concordance last night - and couldn't find it...

I'm starting to wonder if it exists! Or is it one of those phrases that we have all heard so often that we simply believe it to be scripture?

Ten points to anyone that can find the reference and post it for me!!!

3 comments:

Alex de Freitas said...

Aw, I got beaten to the answer.

I have heard this said before too, so I set out on a mission to find that verse (Psalm 22:3)

awesome because it means that when we praise Him....He is there! He dwells in the atmosphere of his praises.

From alex who is searching the web/bible from a training computer at uni whilst the seminar goes on around me.

Geekery said...

Beaten by Frank.... but then he does have the advantage of not working during the day.... hehehehehe

Vania said...

thanks guys, I am going to sit down and have a good read of psalm 22 before I go to sleep.

by the way, Frank, thankyou so much for sharing the message last night. When you shared your story, I cried also..

Really got alot out of hearing the jewish process for grief also. As I drove home I reflected over the year and all the suck times and saw it in the light of God being there in each moment responding as I was.. Gave me a fresh insight into my own experience.

Thanks for that...

Also gave a reminder to me of being in the moment with others who are grieving and not trying to solve it for them or make it better...

thanks for that also..