Pages

Friday, March 30, 2007

16 wks + 6 days - my first spews!

As the many pregnancy web sites and books state, I am now in my second trimester - the honey moon period. I must say I had been feeling a little less exhausted and the nausea had gone. I was stunned to have not vomited once this time - how blessed I felt!

And then this morning (perhaps Coco wanted to just reassure me he is still growing strong?) after breakfast off I trot to the toilet for vomit #1. Following I clean myself up and have a couple of pieces of toast. Still not feeling 100% I hop onto the couch and build block towers with my girls. I also stop to call Reuben and celebrate my first spew (strange as it was) of this pregnancy. Not much longer and I'm off to the toilet again (after distracting the girls with a DVD) for spew #2. Feeling quite poorly and sad for myself now I call Reuben again and he says he is able to come home... picture Vania looking much relieved. Off I hop to bed for the afternoon for a period of much desired rest.

I am fairly sure it was just the dreaded morning sickness - but how strange!

Other point of note...

My days of tummy sleeping are counting down. I can feel that little firm bulge pushing out and its starting to become uncomfortable. This is quite a tragedy for me as I am a real tummy sleeper (with head to the right). The time is fast approaching when once again our bed will become reuben, vania and an accumulation of pillows (poor reuben!). Once I hit this stage I long for the day the baby is out and I can revert to happy sleep once again!... sigh

No comments: